Livin' the Flippin' Dream

Friday, November 03, 2006

Lunch Time Pondering...

Today in the cafeteria I got into some interesting conversations with a couple guys at school about things like predestination and salvation. Eli, one of the guys at the table, asked us a question that I found very interesting. He said:


"If God were to show up in your room tonight and he was to say ONE thing to you, what would you want it to be?"

My answer was this:

"I would want God to tell me that, even though I screw up, even though sometimes I suck at life and my walk with Him. I want Him to encourage me to keep going and to not give up even though at times it feels like I am failing. I want Him to tell me that I am doing a great job and that He is proud of me no matter what."

What would YOU want God to say to you?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger AfterVerner said…

    Either something that would click right away. Something that I would be able to say 'oh, wow. that makes sense now' when it didnt, or something that wouldnt click for a while, and after some things happen, I could remember it and see where it applies and how it aids life. One or the other. Simply put,
    Something life changing.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    Hey Reuben,
    Unfortunately, I can't answer the question that you have posted. For personal reasons that I'm sure you may already know.
    Lindsay

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    I do have to admit, the story of how that question was raised is really cool to read, though.
    Lindsay

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    Hey Reuben, I know this is "off topic", but hey, I want to say that I'm looking forward to seeing you, and to hearing what it is you have to share with the Youth group on Friday night. I also wanted to add that this post also made me think about different things going on in my life right now. If you do read this one day before your visit, and remember it, then please don't hesitate to come ask me about it. Maybe, just maybe I'll have something to say that I won't be sharing over the Internet.
    Lindsay

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    Oh, I also forgot to add that it's nice to see you walking again. The missing air cast was one thing that I noticed when I saw you during your last visit to see the Youth.
    Lindsay

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger MC said…

    A big hug and some affirmation would be great coming from God... but I know I've already got it
    (less tangibly perhaps, for its centrepoint lying in history, but absolutely and experiencialy truth in absolute reality today)
    This guy Paul keeps trying to tell me as such: Rom 31-32

     

Post a Comment

<< Home