Livin' the Flippin' Dream

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Debatable Issue...

Well, I figure it is about time I post something that is actually worth commenting on and I have the perfect subject for you. I want to know your opinion on a situation that everyone runs into sometime in their life (usaully more than once a year). Here is some background for you:


Today Corn and I received very nice and thoughtful Christmas cards from our good friend Laura Stenlund. My friends always bug me because I keep all of the cards that I recieve from people. I know it is a bit crazy for me to store them away, and that is not the issue. The issue is: "what do you do with the card after someone gives it to you?" This is what Corn and I did:

Reuben - put the card on my bookshelf to display until after Christmas because the thoughtfulness of Luara putting the time into buying and writing a card for me.

Corn - opened the crad, read it, and then preceded to rip it inot three peices and throw it into the garbage. If that is not an insult, I do not know what is.

I want to know, what do you do with a card after it is given to you?

9 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger The Brisco's said…

    I think that you should roll it up and smoke it, that's what i usually do to get over my after Christmas I'm not getting anymore presents blues.
    Gavin Brisco

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    K, I've never been bugged about it...maybe cuz I'm a girl(?), but I've kept every card I've received since I was about 6 years old! I store and keep them! So...display it with pride my dear friend! And then store it away! :)

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

    Uhhhhh..... yeah, I agree with Sarah.
    Maybe it is the girl thing, but I keep all of the Christmas Cards we get, display them until after Christmas and then usually keep them.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    I agree, my friend. I have cards stored away from diferent holidays, mainly my birthday. I say that because it's about one in a million that someone starts a new blog right on my birthday. I also say that because it's fun to look back and see who has given you cards. Though, it could a girl thing like Jaime said.
    Anyways, Looking forward to seeing you again this month,
    Lindsay

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Personally, I think that's horrible to rip up a card immediately after receiving it. I like to show mine off.. I keep quite a few, but usually end up having to get rid of some because I can't keep them all...right? Well..maybe some will disagree with that one *erm* Sarah *erm*

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Alright, I beleive it's time for a new post my dear!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger sara roorda said…

    I keep all my cards. I have cards from my past birthdays, like when I was first born and stuff. I never throw away cards. If people put the time in to get you one...I mean its a good memory. YUPP! I keep them all!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jerusha said…

    hey reuben go to my blog Evil Twin Jerusha

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said…

    My wife keeps cards and cuts the fron off and matts it on cardstock to make a new card.

    I haven't bought a Christmas card togive out in 8 years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home