Livin' the Flippin' Dream

Sunday, April 02, 2006

For Serious...

I've decided that it is due time that I write a serious blog, cause it doesn't happen much. So, here I go:

On the way home from our school softball team tryouts today we were talking about having to be patient at the plate while you are waiting for the pitch. It is hard sometimes to wait because the pitch is so slow. So, I said that waiting for the perfect time to swing is such a battle against yourself. then, Dustin Buhler (see profile pic) answered with these wise words: "That's just like life".

Dustin's words of wisdom summed up exactly what has been on my mind a lot lately. Life as follower of Jesus is, when it all comes down to it, a battle against ourselves... and it sucks. It is our human nature to be like the world; to want the many possesions that tempt us; to do the things our world says is good for us, but our Lord says is not; to get as close to the line without crossing it; to please people at any cost; to change who we are to fit in the world instead of changing ourselves to be like Christ. We are constantly battling ourselves, our wordly selfish wants, on a daily basis and it is hard. There worst thing is that we always find a way to justify it. For example: "it's not a swear word to Dutch people" or "but the beat to this song is so good", etc.

We all lose to ourselves sometimes, but other times we win and we do what is right, we do what out Father knows is best for us. The problem with me is that I lose way more than I win and I am sick of losing (I do that enough in soccer). I want to change this and I hope you do too. Anyways, if this makes any sense, I ask you these questions:

"In what areas of your life can you start winning? What can you do in your life that will help you win more than you lose?"

2 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Quigley said…

    Timely words man - needed to hear that this morning!!!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Great post.... to answer the q's at the bottom "Your word have i hidden in my heart that i might not sin against thee"! I know it sounds like cheese but the word is POWERFUL! The craziest thing about this? That God knows we are weak humans, He forgives us anyway because His grace covers all sin and He gets STRONGER in our weakness! whoopa! God is good! Be blessed!
    P.S. Just so u don't think i am a creeper, i got this site off my friend Robbie's page!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home