Livin' the Flippin' Dream

Monday, February 20, 2006

Frozen...

It's late, I'm on security at school, and I'm bored. I have to work till' 1:30 am and get up at 6 am to open everything that I just locked 4 hours earlier... yay.

Well, I just got back from the ol' V-to-the-ICTORIA this evening. I'm not gonna lie to you, but it was great to go back. Always nice to see the family, spend time with good friends like Bryn and the Roorda's. I also had the pleasure of seeing some good ol' church folk (including our lovely friends from Ladysmith) and I got to say a goodbye to my youth pastor, Rob Petkau, as he and his wife Jaime start taking the next step in the wonderful plan that God has for their lives. I'm gonna miss you old man.

Wow, I don't think it is possible for me to use anymore links.

Anyways, after coming back from the island and returning to the mountain, I feel like I am almost frozen (not physically). I am usually a very laid back and care-free person who knows where I'm going and when I'm gonna get there. It also takes a lot for me to get stressed out. But I've realized that I don't get stressed out, I just freeze. There are a lot on my mind right now about things that are happening in my life and about my future and there are some decisions that I am going to have to make soon. But because I have no idea what to decide, it just seem to freeze. My choices are so 50/50 right now and I don't know what to do. I am trying to trust God with it, but it is so easy for me to want to control my life and know what is gonna happen to me. I guess I just have to do my best "live by faith" (like my dad told me), trust that God will lead me in the right direction, and just let my burdens rest on Him.

God, please help me melt, I'm tried of being cold.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Quigley said…

    Excellent! Thanks Reuben for starting a blog on blogger - now I can post! Unofficially on behalf of Blogger... welcome to the fold :)

    I'm totally tracking with what you wrote - hmmm..perhaps God's trying to show us all something in the bigger picture.. but down on a personal level.. changes.. descisions.. and unknowns are rampant. Good for faith walking! Try this one on - it's helped me a lot..

    "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" - Pov 16:9

    PS: Awesome seeing ya this weekend! Kelly says hi.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reuben:
    I defintely can relate to many of the things you said in your blog. I actually just wrote a very similar entry myself. Here are some verses that have really encouraged me, maybe they will do the same for you!

    Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed"
    The next two verse are really well known and i know for me in the past i overlooked them and really didnt let them sink in, but they have just been such a tremendous reminder to me of Gods provision and concern for my life.
    Proverbs 3;5+6: Trustin the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths."
    Isaiah 40: 31 " But thos who WAIT on the Lord will find new strength They will soar on wings like eagles They will run and not grow weary they will walk and not be faint"
    Psalm 46: 10: " Be still and Know that I am God"
    Psalm 32:8 " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go I will counsel you and watch over you."
    Jeremiah 29:11 " for I know the plans i have for you" declares the Lord" plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
    Isaiah 54:10
    "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed."
    I am praying for you Reuben!
    night
    krissy

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Playing both teams will land you in an early grave.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reuben...
    I so track with you right now...

    After getting out of the hospital, i find myself just doing 'nothing'. Although I know I ought to be doing something...
    But God in his wisdom is preparing me for something, what that is I don't know.

    This is the hard part for me, because I want to know and do it.

    The way I did things before will not be the way I do things in the future. God is working something in us that we can't put words on, he is molding and shaping our spirit-man to be the person we were created to be, but the transition to become that person takes time, and I don't have the patience to wait...

    Just like the Israelites in the wilderenss, we too are walking the long road to destiny and promise. Transition and change are inevitable in life, it is how we respond to the change that promotes us or demotes us.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    Nice way to start a blog. I talk of the date (but your story about seeing everyone you know here on the Island is cool, too): Thanks Reuben, I know that you don't know this about me but you started this blog right on my birthday!! Yes, my birthday is Februrary 20.
    Lindsay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home